The convenient (and powerful) solution for 3D scientific graphics.
ChemDoodle 3D is developed by the same team that produces the popular and critically acclaimed ChemDoodle chemical drawing software. In addition to the vast amount of customizability and control that ChemDoodle tools offer for advanced scientific graphics, we focus on producing an easy-to-use solution that works everywhere. This includes simple installations and universal support so that ChemDoodle 3D serves you and not the other way around.
Packed with Features
ChemDoodle 3D contains literally thousands of features for working with scientific graphics. The main uses are listed below and you can learn more about them by selecting the titles to the right.
We are always adding new features, and our customers continuously enjoy new updates with great new innovative solutions and tools that they have requested.
- Beautiful graphics. The graphics in ChemDoodle 3D are of the highest quality, we urge you to compare them to other similar software tools.
- Advanced graphics algorithms. ChemDoodle 3D contains advanced algorithms seen in the most recent video games, including shadows, fogging, creative shaders, text and more.
- Small Molecules. Many rendering options for atoms and bonds, including size and bond order. Ball and Stick, vdW, stick, wireframe and line representations are predefined.
- Surfaces. Generate fully customizable surfaces for groups of atoms.
- Proteins. Render ribbons and tubes for protein models. Meshes can be segmented and controlled for custom models. Residues can be individually colored.
- Nucleic Acids. Render ladders for nucleic acid models. Meshes can be controlled for custom models. Platforms can be individually colored.
- Periodic Systems. Periodic data can be represented through unit cells. Tools are provided for building supercells.
- Thoroughness. ChemDoodle 3D contains all of the features you would expect from the most professional software and more. Found something missing? Tell us and we can add it.
- Web tools. Build ChemDoodle Web Components for use in interactive and educational websites. Take full advantage of the upcoming HTML5 technologies with ChemDoodle 3D.
- Comprehensive documentation. In addition to this website, ChemDoodle 3D comes with a free reference manual on how to use ChemDoodle 3D.
- Fully customizable. You can customize every last detail of the graphics, and even customize how the application works.
- Build Molecules in 3D. Intuitive tools to quickly build 3D molecules and add hydrogens. No need to find pre-made files of your molecules before creating your graphics.
- Advanced selection system. Easily pick atoms, bonds and molecules from your scene. A selector widget is also provided that will show and allow you to precisely modify current hovers and selections.
- Read and write chemical file types. Supports ChemDoodle 3D, MOLfiles, CML, CIF, SMILES, InChI, PDB, XYZ and others.
- Export to high resolution images. Write PNG, TIFF and other bitmap formats. Image transparency and resolution are supported where possible.
- Full Graphical Control. You can specify any of the features of the graphics, including background colors, anti-aliasing, projections, lighting and more.
- Shaders. Choose from different shaders for different visual styles from realistic to non-realistic to suit your needs.
- Animations. Make your scenes more lively by defining rotations, rocks and yo-yos.
- Easy Site Licenses. Quickly deploy activation codes to your users and easy to setup configurations for campus use make it a breeze to work with ChemDoodle 3D.
- Multiplatform. Windows, Mac OS X and Linux are fully supported. Need to change operating systems? No problem, ChemDoodle 3D will come with you.
- Affordable. Even the most cost conscious student can fit ChemDoodle 3D into his or her budget. Site licenses are affordable to any institution.